1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Upper KS2 - Reception

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by pumpkinsoup88, May 31, 2012.

1. pumpkinsoup88

pumpkinsoup88 New commenter

Hi there,
    I have been teaching in Upper KS2 (for nearly 1 year). I am an NQT. There is now a post at a school I like which is to teach in a Reception Class. I have spoke to the Head Teacher: the school would consider me because they know me. However my lack of knowledge and experience may proove to be a hinderance: could I really survive a teaching interview? Would I be too far out of my depth?
    I am really keen to gain experience in all age ranges, and I am increasingly becoming attracted to the idea of working with younger children. I am going to spend some time in EYs/KS1 at my school I'm at now, but how can I ensure that I can be more successful at interview etc.?

2. pumpkinsoup88

pumpkinsoup88 New commenter

Hi there,
    I have been teaching in Upper KS2 (for nearly 1 year). I am an NQT. There is now a post at a school I like which is to teach in a Reception Class. I have spoke to the Head Teacher: the school would consider me because they know me. However my lack of knowledge and experience may proove to be a hinderance: could I really survive a teaching interview? Would I be too far out of my depth?
    I am really keen to gain experience in all age ranges, and I am increasingly becoming attracted to the idea of working with younger children. I am going to spend some time in EYs/KS1 at my school I'm at now, but how can I ensure that I can be more successful at interview etc.?