1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Uploading a photo

Discussion in 'Welcome lounge and forum help' started by foxtail3, Oct 14, 2015.

1. foxtail3

foxtail3 Star commenter

Every time I try to upload a photo, I get an error message saying the file is too large. Is it his because I use a tablet @tes Rosaline.

2. TES_Rosaline

TES_Rosaline Administrator Staff Member

Hi @foxtail3,

Sorry to hear that you are having problems with uploading pictures. How large is the file?

It shouldn't make a difference what device you use to upload images.

The current file size limit is:1024 kilobytes.

The following are the permitted file types on the forums:

zip
    txt
    pdf
    png
    jpg
    jpeg
    jpe
    gif

What browser are you using?

I hope the information listed above helps.

Don't forget that if you want to tag me or another member of the team to type the following: @TES_ and then the name of the staff member with no spaces.

3. yfel_endwerce

yfel_endwerce Established commenter

Having experimented with my tablet and also this pc, the max file size of 1Mb equates roughly (as a jpg) with a maximum size of between 1800 x 1200 pixels and 2000 x 1333 pixels which probably means using image processing software either directly or on-line.
    However the upper(latter) image size is very hit and miss whilst the smaller (former) seems to work consistently so I'd aim smaller than 1Mb to avoid frustration
    @foxtail3

1507121sub.jpg

I regret that the publication of this post may be delayed and posts in the interim may not reflect the content but I hope it helps