1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Upload 15 resources...

Discussion in 'Tes Authors' Group' started by treeickle, Dec 7, 2016.

1. treeickle

treeickle New commenter

did anyone manage the upload 15 resources for £30 last month? Having uploaded mine nothing seems to have happened, wondering if there was some small print I've missed?

2. krisgreg30

krisgreg30 Occasional commenter

They take a while to pay it in afterwards. Think the summer one took 2-3 weeks to be credited.

treeickle likes this.
  3. treeickle

treeickle New commenter

Thank you! Newbie nerves I guess

krisgreg30 likes this.
  4. TheGingerTeacher

TheGingerTeacher Established commenter Forum guide and community helper

Not to worry you but mine has been credited.... Maybe you should drop them an email?

krisgreg30 and treeickle like this.
  5. treeickle

treeickle New commenter

Thank you, have sent an email! Fingers crossed

krisgreg30 likes this.
  6. krisgreg30

Intrigued now as not had mine either but took a while previously so hadn't worried about it.

treeickle likes this.
  7. treeickle

treeickle New commenter

Will post when I hear back...

8. treeickle

treeickle New commenter

A misunderstanding the email says, should have been 15 premium resources (even though the initial email doesn't say that).

9. krisgreg30

I assumed that and had posted 15 premium resources.

10. martinblake1

martinblake1 New commenter

Don't worry, they're running another one now I think :)

11. nick_redshaw

nick_redshaw Occasional commenter

Hi All - yes I just queried the lack of payment and was told I had not upload 15 resources - On the 17th November I had contacted TES to ask if it was during November (no Reply). Just had a reply to say that I had only uploaded 14 resources from the 7th (even though original email did not say from the 7th) to 30th so did not qualify for the bonus £30. VERY VERY UNIMPRESSED.

12. nick_redshaw

Well - seems there system was only showing 6 resources (worth checking guys) sent screen shot just got credited the £30 into my account - Beth and I (Psychology) LOVE TES - by the way we made over £800 in Royalties last month - Happy Days xx

13. TRJ

TRJ New commenter

Wow, I'd be lucky to make that in a year I think

nick_redshaw, mathsmutt and cate_h like this.
  14. TheGingerTeacher

TheGingerTeacher Established commenter Forum guide and community helper

I also just assumed it was premium resources because of the other promotions run. They are doing another one now aren't they?

15. nick_redshaw

Yes £2 a premium resource from the 7th December through to 31st January - unlimited on the amount you can upload.

16. Krazikas

Krazikas Occasional commenter

Is it not 31st Dec?

17. nick_redshaw

This is the message I got from them - ..."Our current December and January incentive bonus is set at £2.00 per premium resource on this occasion, so there is no limit. You can upload as few or as many as you like and will receive £2 for each one. As there is no limit to the amount you can upload, this is why on this occasion the incentive payment is set to £2 per premium resource".

You need to click on the normal link to register that you are in and tell them how many (ish) you are going to upload - on that page it states 7th December to 31st January (they have made it clear this time due to the confusion last time). Happy Days we are aiming at uploading 500+

Charleei likes this.
  18. Krazikas

Krazikas Occasional commenter

Cor Blimey - that's a lot!

mrajlong, cate_h and emjcot like this.
  19. richardtock

richardtock New commenter

I still think these are a bad idea of TES' part. The problem is not quantity. The problem is quality. Doing this only encourages people to upload anything they have laying about, regardless of quality.
    I'm not implying that's what people on here do, but I've heard lots of people complain about low quality on TES, but very little complain about poor variety.

treeickle, mrajlong and emjcot like this.
  20. nick_redshaw

We tend to agree with you Richard its about pride and standards. If someone is not happy about a resource they should complain to TES - who should give them their money back and warn the Author.

As for us our Teachers and Students LOVE our resources:
    ".Perfect and brilliant...I'm so very pleased to say that they've really enjoyed the topic and more importantly the booklet has for them, according to their feedback made it so much easier to learn..my students refer to your booklet as their Schizophrenia bible..."

Again we also agree variety is key - today I was creating Christmas quizzes, word-searches, crosswords match makers and unscramble the words for that final weeks motivation before the January Mock Exams. Ho Ho Merry Christmas