1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Uplifting guitar music - for the guitarists out there

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Kandahar, Oct 18, 2019.

1. Kandahar

Kandahar Established commenter

Having played classical guitar for some years now, with a relentless practice routine and a masterful teacher, I commend the piece 'Se ela Perguntar' written in 1954 by Dilermando Reis. It is grade 7 (Trinity) and in places quite tricky fingering as well as taking the player fully over all positions on the fretboard. Here it is performed exceptionally well by acclaimed American guitarist, Matt Palmer.

Observations welcome - especially from other classical guitarists who've played this composition.

sbkrobson and artboyusa like this.
  2. lapinrose

lapinrose Lead commenter

This is one I love, Guitar and Oud.

artboyusa likes this.
  3. artboyusa

artboyusa Star commenter

That is nice. I didn't know Matt Palmer. Thanks for sharing.

4. Kandahar

Splendid.

5. sbkrobson

sbkrobson Star commenter

Ah, it's lovely.
    I like the way he is able to give presence and invisibility to the right thumb notes at the same time- there is plenty of scope for over-sounding them
    (sorry not very technical)
    I play guitar, but I don't know this piece-a couple of times it led me to recall Satie's 3rd Gnossienne (not guitar...)

6. Kandahar

Yes indeed - a fine guitarist. A very relaxed look too.

Fine observations from you - and I must reacquaint myself with the this piece to see if I can hear the similarity.