1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Updating resources

Discussion in 'Tes Authors' Group' started by sparkhallo, Sep 22, 2017.

1. sparkhallo

sparkhallo New commenter

If I publish a resource and then update it, can my purchasers then download the updated version (for free, obviously!)? How do I let them know that the resource has been updated?

2. thinkypublishing

thinkypublishing Occasional commenter

Yes they can download the updated version.

Unfortunately they won't know unless they happen to coincidentally download it again after you have updated it or if perhaps they see a notification by you .

There is no way to notify buyers of this (despite many, many repeated requests for the function) other than if they follow you (don't hold your breath on that front) and you send out a message to your followers.

3. sparkhallo

sparkhallo New commenter

Thank you very much for this clear and helpful answer. I have been overwhelmed by the interest in my resources (I've only been putting things up since the end of August) but feel embarrassed if I later discover a mistake and want to put it right for the lovely people who have bought my stuff. You mention a 'notification' from me. Is there somewhere I can put notifications of this kind? If there is, I have missed noticing this option. Indeed, I have only picked up one follower which is a bit of a shame, so I can't alert them that way.

thinky likes this.
  4. Littlesherbetlemon

Littlesherbetlemon Occasional commenter

@thinky thank you for your answer. I had been meaning to ask the exact same think. What a shame that previous buyers of the resources aren't alerted to an update!

@sparkhallo you can tell you followers something by going to the Resources pages. On the left hand side there are many subheadings. Under the subheading of My Community there is 'post to followers', click on that and you can write a message that will go to your followers on their feed page.

thinky and marlin like this.
  5. thinkypublishing

thinkypublishing Occasional commenter

Yes as @Littlesherbetlemon suggests - and also any of your own networks (Twitter/Facebook etc.)

6. sparkhallo

sparkhallo New commenter

Ah yes. It would be great if TES encouraged purchasers to follow those from whom they purchase. Surely it is in everyone's interest? I can't be the only one posting resources with typos and wanting to correct them!