1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Updating references

Discussion in 'Teaching abroad' started by Masfar, May 14, 2012.

1. Masfar

Masfar New commenter

Hey folks,

Decided to dust off my CV and start updating it in time for the next recruitment session. However, 2 of the Heads at previous schools I worked for have now moved on. However my PTs are still the same. How do I show this on my CV - I don't want potential employers calling up asking for my old HT and realising they no longer work there (makes me look peculiar) but at the same time the new HTs will have no idea who I am. If I give the HTs new school then doesn't it look like I have actually worked there when I haven't?

What is the best way to overcome this?

Cheers for the help!

2. Masfar

Masfar New commenter

Hey folks,

Decided to dust off my CV and start updating it in time for the next recruitment session. However, 2 of the Heads at previous schools I worked for have now moved on. However my PTs are still the same. How do I show this on my CV - I don't want potential employers calling up asking for my old HT and realising they no longer work there (makes me look peculiar) but at the same time the new HTs will have no idea who I am. If I give the HTs new school then doesn't it look like I have actually worked there when I haven't?

What is the best way to overcome this?

Cheers for the help!

3. 576

576 Established commenter

I have a similar dilemma.
    I am taking a year out but like me the Head is leaving so when I come to apply for new jobs he won't be there to provide a reference.
    He suggested using the deputy as a reference instead.

[​IMG] What is a PT??

4. Syria1

Syria1 New commenter

You can always still put the original referees down, just explain which previous school they were at:
    Master Jobsworth (Head of XYZ between 2000 and 2006)
    Now at ABC School in Y.
    Not uncommon

5. Masfar

Masfar New commenter

Excellent - thank you