1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Update to 'Help, I think I'm going to lose my job...'

Discussion in 'Workplace dilemmas' started by Frightenedtodeath, Nov 19, 2015.

1. Frightenedtodeath

Frightenedtodeath New commenter

Long story short:

Since my last post several members of the SLT have been demoted from Jan - on protected pay.
    Those left (three including the Head) are expected to pick up the slack - RI school of 1500 kids. THREE OF US!

I'm supposed to be grateful that I haven't been demoted but I feel like I'm being punished for being good at my job. The others are now on a sweet deal with protected pay helping them towards retirement.
    Work harder for the same money - I'm already on the very edge of coping.

Meeting with the boss of the MAT on Thurs. What do I do?

2. newposter

newposter Occasional commenter

Three is a much more realistic SLT size in my opinion.

3. Frightenedtodeath

Three SLT to lead an RI school of 1500 students? Seriously? When do you think I should fit in all of the extra work that this slimming down will cause? Where does the work of the other four go?

4. Yoda-

Yoda- Lead commenter

I think you may well be best asking the leading questions you have identified right at the start with the boss of the MAT.

I assume some of the work will end up being passed down to non SLT staff....

rachelpaula008 likes this.
  5. rachelpaula008

rachelpaula008 Star commenter

Yes, Yoda - the poor non SLT staff who are being squeezed to death already.

Sorry to hear of your situation ftd.

6. Yoda-

Yoda- Lead commenter

Yes it has nowhere else to go.

I don't agree with it but this is what will happen.

rachelpaula008 likes this.
  7. Frightenedtodeath

The work can't go to anyone else; SLT responsibilities can't simply be passed on.
    Perhaps I should be grateful that I still have a job - for now.

Last night I had a dream that my old Head told me that he would never take me back because I had the arrogance to leave. Biggest mistake I ever made was leaving my beloved last job, I have this dream about once a fortnight :(

Last edited: Nov 22, 2015