1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

update on my MP email campaign

Discussion in 'Religious Education' started by durgamata, Jun 11, 2011.

1. durgamata

durgamata Occasional commenter

If you've read the correspondence section related to this topic you will see that Louise wrote a very bland and inaccurate reply to my initial email. I was not sure if I was too blunt in my reply - but have just received this:

BAGSHAWE, Louise to me

Dear Durga-Mata,

Louise has read and does understand your concerns. She is wary though that this topic may be debated in the Houses of Parliament soon and for this reason would like to wait and see what proposals are put forward by the Government.
    Louise does appreciate that the campaign to reinstate RE as part of the English Baccalaureate has received strong support and I know that the campaign recently delivered a petition signed by over 100,000 people to the Prime Minister. He has announced that the Government is committed to the pledge it made as part of the May 2010 Programme for Government, whereby e-petitions that receive 100,000 signatures or more will be eligible for debate in Parliament.
    Thank you again for taking the time to contact Louise.

Andrew Wagstaff

It's definitely worth continuing with the campaign.

I have been tied up this week applying for jobs (I miss classroom teaching) but will spend a few more hours on emailing MPs this weekend. I also got a list of all schools in my LEA and will email their RE people to urge them to complete the NATRE survey if they've not already done so.

Happy Campaigning and have a great weekend

DurgaMata

2. durgamata

durgamata Occasional commenter

Just emailed MP's with surnames starting with E, F and G. This includes Mr Gove and my own MP who I have emailed a few times already!

3. lapinrose

lapinrose Lead commenter

If you PM me the email I'll send it to my MP, Norman Baker.