1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Update on missing avatars

Discussion in 'Welcome lounge and forum help' started by TES_Pippa, Sep 15, 2015.

1. guinnesspuss

guinnesspuss Star commenter

Which camera icon are you missing? The one on the green blob?

Report it on the bugs thread, but (I hate to say it) tag Rosaline or Pippa with the @tes

2. cosmosinfrance

cosmosinfrance Star commenter

yes, the green blob one.

I'll nip over and report it, thanks gp

3. magic surf bus

magic surf bus Star commenter

Really useful feature that - I log into TES and they display a green dot to remind me that I'm online. They've thought of everything.

4. JaquesJaquesLiverot

JaquesJaquesLiverot Established commenter

You don't need to log in to look at the forums, though.

That said, it doesn't seem to work properly - I just looked at an old post when I wasn't logged in, and it still had the green dot on it.

5. JaquesJaquesLiverot

I changed my picture this morning, and the change was instant in a lot of places, but in a few - on Resources, in the shop, when I appear as a follower on someone's profile, for example - the old picture persists.

If you look at the link, where the new picture appears there is a querystring, and where there is no querystring the old picture appears, e.g.

- old picture: https://d2w4qhtqw2dbsq.cloudfront.net/profile_live/232131/large.jpg

- new picture: https://d2w4qhtqw2dbsq.cloudfront.net/profile_live/232131/large.jpg?1

The characters after the question mark can be anything, and the same is true of small.jpg. Does that make it some sort of caching issue?

6. JaquesJaquesLiverot

NB. The links to the "old" and "new" pictures in the above post now both show the new image.