1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Update on missing avatars

Discussion in 'Welcome lounge and forum help' started by TES_Pippa, Sep 15, 2015.

1. bombaysapphire

bombaysapphire Star commenter

I have just logged in here so testing to see if my avatar appears.

2. marlin

marlin Star commenter

3. bombaysapphire

bombaysapphire Star commenter

I can see my beautiful dog with his gnome but when I went to edit my last post the
    l
    e
    t
    t
    e
    r
    s

all ran down the page....

4. danielatucci

danielatucci New commenter

I was GLsG on this site until yesterday - am still signing in as GLsG, but GLsG possessed by the ghost of a long-banned TESSER!

Mwah...ha...ha...

5. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

GL will you be able to revert to GL @danielatucci once the new site is up and running?

6. TES_Pippa

TES_Pippa Administrator Staff Member

@danielatucci
    @GLsghost
    Have you been returned to your correct identity now? We've implemented a fix so avatars and users should be correct now.

Thanks for your patience.

Pippa

7. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

Don't know about GLsG but I can see only a 'green being' and the name danielatucci!

8. HelenREMfan

HelenREMfan Star commenter

I think I have managed to change mine..... to the R.E.M taxi which amazingly stopped right in front of me when I was in London for their Hyde Park concert :)

or maybe not.....:confused:

9. monicabilongame

monicabilongame Star commenter

So, I have changed my avatar and the new one is showing on the main (opening) page of the site, and also on the news page, but not on here where I am stuck with the old one (which incidentally does not wiggle!). Ideas anyone? @TES_Rosaline @TES_Pippa

10. magic surf bus

magic surf bus Star commenter

As above with monicabilongame, a new avatar I added last night is showing in parts of my profile area but not against my posts. I've repeated the upload a few times and have logged out and in again, but no change.

I've also noticed that I can't switch the green dot off, even though I've unticked the 'Show Online Status' box.

11. TES_Pippa

12. marlin

marlin Star commenter

@magic surf bus I believe you can always see your own green dot - but it is not visible to others. You need to get someone who is online to check what they can see. I don't know if you are still logged in at 0923, but I can't see your green dot at the moment.

13. kittylion

kittylion Established commenter

Now nobody has an avatar. :(

Edit: Oh - they are back again. o_O

14. HelenREMfan

HelenREMfan Star commenter

I need to root out my "butt waggling" avatar of Mr Stipe.... am sure all will be waiting with breath bated for that..... :D

15. TES_Pippa

I hope you're all seeing your updated avatars now. Thanks for your patience.

16. cosmosinfrance

cosmosinfrance Star commenter

I can't work out how to add an avatar - would some kind person talk me through it please.

17. Dunteachin

Dunteachin Star commenter

There are some great, new avatars! Magic Surf Bus no longer has legs and Middlemarch has become Sarah Lancashire! Love all the moving ones :D

18. TES_Rosaline

TES_Rosaline Administrator Staff Member

Hi @cosmosinfrance

You can upload you avatar by going to your user profile.

Click on your username in the top right-hand corner of the page:

upload_2015-9-25_16-6-50.png

A drop-down menu will appear:

upload_2015-9-25_16-9-38.png

You need to click on the Your Profile Page link. You should see your user profile page and click on the Edit my profile button:

upload_2015-9-25_16-11-22.png

You should see a camera icon at the bottom of the current avatar on the left-hand side of the page:

upload_2015-9-25_16-13-58.png

Click on the camera icon. A pop up box should appear. There are three icons on the side of the pop-up box and select the icon which you need to upload the image you want from a computer, camera or link. For example, if it's from a computer click on the choose a local file blue button:

upload_2015-9-25_16-16-27.png

19. guinnesspuss

guinnesspuss Star commenter

You beat me to it Rosaline. Much better than my explanation though.
    Thanks for sorting the spam.

20. cosmosinfrance

cosmosinfrance Star commenter

Thank you Rosaline but I don't have a camera icon :(