1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Update on a situation and another worry!

Discussion in 'Workplace dilemmas' started by minnieminx, Jan 2, 2011.

1. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

You need to let your HT sort this out and trust her to do so. You might well leave, but what about the person who takes your place? What about the rest of the staff who are also complaining, but didn't have the foresight to keep a record? What about the children in the classes he is teaching, your leaving won't help them? You need to just trust your HT to do what is best, it is why they get paid more than us!

Best of luck!

2. As an outsider (and one entirely sympathetic to your not wanting to confront this person) I am a little baffled by your desire to leave? You're the one in the right here, and you've got the full support of your HT which is great.

This HOD sounds like he is right out of his depth and hopefully will be given his marching orders this term. I really hope he does tbh. He sounds like an utter ***. I remember your original post, wasn't he a relatively inexperienced teacher as well? Have a chat with your HT my lovely. I am sure that they will support you and you won't have to leave.

3. Gosh, this site censors the word m o r o n. You learn something new every day ;-)

4. Leave it to your head. Continue to keep a journal and things will improve if you stick with it!

5. Go and get some union advice.