1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Update: Made it out if the darkness.

Discussion in 'Workplace dilemmas' started by 1970devon, Nov 21, 2019.

1. 1970devon

1970devon Occasional commenter

Hi, whilst not a workplace dilemma, the support this group gave me for a good number of months was invaluable.

Advice and kind words kept me sane. I was terrified of losing our house due to being dismissed through formal absence procedures. My health was appalling.
    Since being forced to leave Dec 2018, I have had a very tough year. I started training as teacher in 1993 and always worked as a teacher/lecturer so felt like I'd lost my identity.

In summary, July time, LEA agreed an out of court settlement rather than go to a employment tribunal. I started a very flexible 16 hour a week role in the voluntary sector where I am appreciated and valued. And eventually, a few weeks ago I have had confirmation of my ill health pension being paid at Tier 1.
    What a couple of years. The education system and the way it treated me was not good but I've made it through.

Anybody struggling please do involve the union at regional level- just make sure they're not personally friends with your head! Also talk to teacher support - they were great as a sounding board and ask with putting me in contact with Grants to keep a roof over our heads. Also do talk to this group. The knowledge here is immense, varied and invaluable.
    Thanks all x

2. phlogiston

phlogiston Star commenter

I'm glad to hear of moral victory, ongoing income and a positive new role.
    Hope it continues to go well.

3. lynneseptember

lynneseptember Senior commenter

So pleased to hear that things have eventually worked out for you. Onwards and upwards! :)

pepper5, jlishman2158 and 1970devon like this.
  4. mothorchid

mothorchid Star commenter

Good to hear your news. Thanks for letting us know.
    Well done!

5. Sundaytrekker

Sundaytrekker Star commenter

Glad things have worked out for you. It’s a tribute to the strength of these fora, too. Best wishes.

6. Daveh1981

Daveh1981 New commenter

I've followed what's been happening with you on here as it's very similar to my current situation. I am really pleased that things have worked out well after what has been a terrible experience.

It's uplifting to see a positive resolution and that in your new role you are valued and respected - you deserve it.

pepper5, 1970devon and Curae like this.
  7. Shedman

Shedman Star commenter

Some very useful advice. Thanks for posting. I'm glad things are working out for you. Best wishes.

1970devon likes this.
  8. Curae

Curae Lead commenter

So glad that things have worked out and it's great that you found WPD helpful and what you state is a huge compliment for all those that contribute on here.

1970devon likes this.