1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Upcoming PGCE interview

Discussion in 'Education news' started by s78--, Aug 2, 2020.

1. s78--

s78-- New commenter

I have an upcoming interview. I’m wondering. What topic would be best to discuss in regard to educational issues.

2. 03mkk

03mkk New commenter

This isn’t the right forum for this question. Try the trainee teachers forum and I’m sure you’ll get a better response. Issues could be specific to your subject, secondary/ primary level or a local area.

You are bound to be asked about how you would deal with certain behaviour situations. You will probably be asked to explain WHY you want to be a teacher too.

Good luck

3. MrMedia

MrMedia Star commenter

Depends if it primary or secondary. Generally well being, curriculum planning and cyber bullying are safe topics to talk about.

4. bessiesmith2

bessiesmith2 New commenter

Something that you are passionate about. It could be all sorts of things - improving literacy standards, getting boys to sing, outdoor education etc etc. Choose your passion and do a bit of research to find some facts to back up your opinions.