1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

UP3

Discussion in 'Pay and conditions' started by coppull, Oct 10, 2010.

1. coppull

coppull New commenter

No !!!
    Do you want to produce a lot of extra paperwork and evidence,which takes you away from teaching ?Do you want to create a job for somebody either HT or SMT , so it stops them doing any teaching ?[​IMG]

2. henriette

henriette New commenter

Yay!! I was "recommended"

3. Would only add that significantly and consistently meeting post-threshold professional standards is an expectation for progression through the upper pay spine and particularly to UPS3.

4. becktonboy

becktonboy New commenter

Why particulalry for UP3, Chris? I don't recall any particular or additional requirement for that point over and above the other 2?

5. This was the advice given at recent PM reviewer training regarding UPS progression and the link to professional standards. The P standards apply, of course, to UPS1 to UPS 2 progression also and we were reminded that we should expect the meeting of those standards to become increasingly consistent and substantial as teachers move through the spine. The reference to
    was because the OP was specifically enquiring about that point.

6. becktonboy

becktonboy New commenter

The STPCD makes no mention of such an increase, so I would question the trainers a little more closely on this issue. Sorry if I misinterpreted the use of 'particularly'.

7. henriette

henriette New commenter

I got the confirmation letter today that it has been passed and will be backdated to 1st September.