1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Up to date sold house prices

Discussion in 'Personal' started by landaise, Apr 6, 2012.

1. landaise

landaise Occasional commenter

Which is the best site for finding out a house price for one sold in late October last year ? Zoopla doesn't list it and neither do any others, strange.....
    Am I missing something ?

2. landaise

Which is the best site for finding out a house price for one sold in late October last year ? Zoopla doesn't list it and neither do any others, strange.....
    Am I missing something ?

3. lilachardy

lilachardy Star commenter

Rightmove used to. I don't know if it still does.

4. landaise

Not listed there, either ! Could it mean the house wasn't sold, although apparently someone moved in....??

5. anotherauntsally

anotherauntsally Lead commenter

Have you tried nethouseprices? The site says houses registered by February 2012 are included.

6. catmother

catmother Star commenter

http://www.nethouseprices.com/
    This site is very good,unless the house you are searching for is in Scotland,as they decided to stop showing Scottish sales last year.

7. catmother

catmother Star commenter

They could have decided to rent instead of selling?

8. Yes, this.

9. landaise

Thanks everyone!
    Not listed anywhere, I presume that means the house wasn't sold but must be being rented out instead. More recent sales are listed but the one I want to find out isn't.

10. Crowbob

Crowbob Senior commenter

I am quite curious as to why you want to know. I am picturing a) nosey relative b) jilted lover c) someone who was gazumped d) someone who used to live in the property.

11. catmother

catmother Star commenter

All valid reasons!

12. landaise

Actually, it's a house my parents wanted to buy but were gazumped on a few years ago. It was up for sale again for a very inflated price which seemed unrealistic. I said I'd find out for them what it sold for, that's all.

13. henriette

henriette New commenter

The house my friends bought last August is not showing up on either of those websites!

14. oldsomeman

oldsomeman Star commenter

the chances are that it take a year to get on lists.......data is usually from land regisrty details.Now it is a legal requirement i believe to register all sales.where as before it wasnt....sosome houses might have slipped though the net.

15. modelmaker

modelmaker Occasional commenter

The honest truth is that with the state the housing market is in at the moment you might not find out the real value for a long time.
    Property prices have been ridiculously over-inflated and with the bubble burst, the recession and the banking crisis preventing houses being remortgaged to help people out of the **** everything is changing.
    It's changing to the extent that investors are buying up toxic assets banks have for a song, just so the banks can get them off their books and move on. Typically, a mortgage on a house that had a £300Kmortgage would be sold for £100K to an investor. He's got a choice of either trying to persue the £300K debt or offering a different, lower and affordable mortgage that will still bring a decent return on the investment.
    It isn't the idea of what you might gain in a house sale at the moment but more what you will lose that is artificially keeping property prices higher than they ought to be.
    It's a slow process, but just a matter of time before realistic valuations are given or property again.