1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Up? Or down?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by NellyFUF, Jun 14, 2015.

1. NellyFUF

NellyFUF Lead commenter

What happens to your toilet seat? Do you believe is best to be up or down?

2. needabreak

needabreak Star commenter

Down... unless you are still sitting on it!

3. NellyFUF

NellyFUF Lead commenter

The seat, not the lid!

4. foxtail3

foxtail3 Star commenter

Down, but Men will disagree I expect. We have compromised- the cloakroom one varies, according to the people using it, Mr F uses the main bathroom and leaves it up, so I just tut if I go in there, the ensuite is always, always down because that's mine!

5. grumpydogwoman

grumpydogwoman Star commenter

Down both.

The splatter from the flush is quite unhygienic. Close both before flushing.

6. tidal

tidal New commenter

After years of training I am led to believe that there is only one acceptable option

7. rosievoice

rosievoice Star commenter

Up when in use (to avoid splashback).[​IMG]

Mrs Tidal's?

8. tidal

tidal New commenter

There is no Mrs Tidal currently

But there have been

9. oldsomeman

oldsomeman Star commenter

how can you get through more than one Mrs tidals...i have one and that's enough. I don't think i would bother with another LOL

10. monicabilongame

monicabilongame Star commenter

What are you doing with a Mrs. Tidal?

11. rosievoice

rosievoice Star commenter

Learning the acceptable option. [​IMG]

12. tidal

tidal New commenter

Whilst I have exquisite taste in women unfortunately they usually develop exquisite taste in men [​IMG]

13. kittylion

kittylion Senior commenter

I never managed to train the ex-Mrkittylion and the kittylioncubs seem to have gone the same way - so it's toilet seats up all the way at the kittylion's den.

I honestly think it's a case of majority rule - and in a mostly male household I have to resign myself to a lot of sighing and putting the seat (and lid) down. [​IMG]

BTW I never bothered replacing Mr Kittylion - once bitten, twice shy (especially where lions are concerned - even kitty ones).

14. marlin

marlin Star commenter

[​IMG]

15. NellyFUF

NellyFUF Lead commenter

Don't know where you sit (pun) but I could fall down the toilet quite easily.

I think we are moving to a place where the lid and seat are down. For hygiene of course.

I see no reason why I should be the only one inconvenienced. So to speak.

Otherwise my life is at risk.

16. marymoocow

marymoocow Star commenter

ditto. I made sure my OH and son were well trained, including aiming properly and cleaning up unfortunate accidents. As have all my SILs with my OH's brothers. My FIL was never trained and neither were my OH and his brothers. The loo my FIL uses at home is disgusting.[​IMG]

17. lapinrose

lapinrose Star commenter

18. needabreak

*Wonders if the battle of the sexes detailed above recognises that both poo too, so we all have to touch the seat more to put it back down if left up... surely training the wayward pipe to aim in the pan is always a good thing; as is courtesy to put the seat and lid down when you finish and flush.

Good grief can't believe we even discuss this, surely we don't need a toilet finishing school :p

19. tidal

tidal New commenter

But we will all be washing our hands afterwards.......

20. needabreak

Indeed that is true but I am a tad OCD about such things *how I pick up my dogs doings is anyones guess.. I must be getting better... but if you leave the seat up presumably you leave the lid up too when you flush, spraying the contents of the pan (allegedly) up to 6ft around the loo... as the others have said (makes mental note not to invite tidal over incase he needs the loo ;).