1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Up in the air

Discussion in 'Personal' started by ResourceFinder, Dec 27, 2010.

1. Seen a few new films these last couple of days

Avatar = ok but the story was a bit blergh

Inception = yeah I enjoyed this but I do not think it quite lived up to the hype

And tonight

Up in the air = I thought this was really good ... Much ether than I expected

2. Is this a George Clooney film? I really enjoyed it!

3. Yep, George .... I like him when he does things a little out there

4. Me too. I did not like the film where he made a rude chair though!

5. acertainsomething

acertainsomething Occasional commenter

Saw the latest Narnia film. Brilliant! (or so says my 8 year old)

6. that is on at the flicks tho

7. Was that ... Burn after reading ... or something like that

8. I thought Avatar was quite good!
    The use of bad language at times was quite humerous! [​IMG]

9. I thought it was worth watching but it did not wow me

It's main appeal was the anti~American ethos ... He is non to subtle LoL

10. magic surf bus

magic surf bus Star commenter

Santa brought us a new telly and his elves chucked in a BluRay player for free - obviously some sort of sales promotion they're having at the North Pole. Anyway, we've been lent 'Avatar' on BluRay so that's waiting in the line up.

TV-based films that have impressed me this Christmas were the excellent coming of age story 'Juno' (on Film4 again this week) and the original 'Miracle on 34th Street'. With regard to the OP, I thought 'Up In The Air' was a very good film and well worth a look, with Clooney definitely playing against type.

A film I wasn't impressed by was 'The Red Baron', which successfully ruined a potentially gripping tale by reducing it to computer game graphics with a soppy love story bolted on to just pull in a bigger audience. Very disappointing.

11. Juno is an excellent film isn't it?

12. magic surf bus

magic surf bus Star commenter

An Oscar-winning screenplay and a soundtrack that grabs you by the lapels and shakes you. It's good to see directors are still coming up with fresh approaches to their material.