1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Up dating letter of application.

Discussion in 'Career clinic' started by sneezal, Jan 30, 2016.

1. sneezal

sneezal New commenter

Dear Theo,
    I am up dating my letter of application for a position of leadership in a primary church school. Firstly, is it worth putting in a quote from a SIAS inspection from my old lower school, the inspection was in 2010, or would this be considered 'out of date'?
    Also, as the payscale is L5-L6 and I am presently UPS3 and also receive a TLR, I am wondering whether the move would be worth it although it is a move up the career ladder.
    Any words of advice would be welcome.
    Many thanks.

2. wanet

wanet Star commenter

Not sure that I understand the logic of a pay cut as a move up the career ladder.

3. Middlemarch

Middlemarch Star commenter

You;re right - the quotation from the 2010 inspection is too long ago.

What point on the L scale would you need to be on to match your current salary?

4. sneezal

sneezal New commenter

5. sneezal

sneezal New commenter

I'm not sure!

6. sneezal

sneezal New commenter

7. sneezal

sneezal New commenter

I know, I really am in two minds about this, its a smaller lower school, which is more 'me', I work in a large middle school three times the size. The lower school is nearer home too. But less pay for more responsibility it seems!

8. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

9. sneezal

sneezal New commenter

Thank you Theo.

10. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

My pleasure!

Best of luck