1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Unusual Curriculum Acitivity

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by Furls28, Jul 7, 2011.

1. Dear Theo,
    I have an interview for a job this Monday. Part of the day involves doing a 'Curriculum based activity'. It is very vague on what this actually is, but this seems to be deliberate. Could you shed any light as to what sort of things I may be asked to do?

Thankyou,
    James

2. OK, this is purely a guess and not from experience, you could be asked to decide the level of a piece of written work or mark some maths with emphasis on pushing their learning to the next level.

3. You don't say what the job is - my guess is that you need to look at that - is it a subject leader post? In which case you may be asked to look at a piece of planning in this subject and improve it or is the school in the process of starting a creative curriculum - you may find the clues are there if you look at what the school is asking for in their advert. Good luck.

4. I once had to 'brainstorm' ideas for their next topic, together with the other applicants. Would have normally quite enjoyed this, but one of the other candidates took over completely and was overly assertive, to put it mildly. I would have hated working with him (the job was a jobshare). Guess what - he got the job!

5. Its a Teacher of History job. Secondary. It may be a group activity because it looks like we are in groups of 3 for it. I will be ready to be assertive.
    Thanks for the tips