1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Unsure about what to do

Discussion in 'Welcome lounge and forum help' started by mumof22, Jul 23, 2020.

1. mumof22

mumof22 New commenter

So I joined a primary school as a lunch tune supervisor 5 years ago and after doing my ta course was offered temporary contract as a ta. School got into financial difficulties and contract was not renewed in September 2019. Whenever a TA is absent or extra help is needed I am asked to cover On a Zero hours contract. Last year a place was available on an ELSA course ( paid for but no one wanted to take it). I asked if I could take the course as already paid got but no one ever got back to me. Any way I have seen a job in another school advertised that would be ideal for me but feel guilty even applying for it as they are short on Lunchtime supervisors, I know the answer really but need a push thanks for reading.

2. meggyd

meggyd Star commenter

You know what to do! Go for it! Good luck. There are always people who want part time jobs in schools.

3. ACOYEAR8

ACOYEAR8 Star commenter

4. Corvuscorax

Corvuscorax Star commenter

get out of this mind set right away. it isn't your problem, and they would have no such guilt towards how they treat you. And presumably the other role also is needed.

ACOYEAR8 likes this.
  5. phlogiston

phlogiston Star commenter

The other school is short of TAs.

6. bonxie

bonxie Lead commenter

If you want the job a the other school, go for it. Given the current situation everywhere, your current school won't have any difficulty finding people to apply for a lunchtime supervisor role.