1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Unsocial Social media

Discussion in 'Computing and ICT' started by jfb57, Mar 26, 2011.

1. Does the recent permission to remove mobile phones miss an opportunity? Here' my view http://www.theheadsoffice.co.uk/unsocial-social-media/

2. becktonboy

becktonboy New commenter

from your blog
    What on earth do you think is going on already in this respect?
    We begin work on this in year 4. I think your point is well made that this is a wider problem from the big bad world, often enabled, supported, even co-operated in by parents, creeping into schools. Just as with many other forms of anti-social behaviour which we struggle to combat our efforts are often not rewarded, even actively undermined by outside influences.
    There was no real missed opportunity here, it's just another development in a continuum of social intervention interwoven with the education/raising of more than 1 child at a time.
    I wonder what might have happened to Tom Brown had the technology of the timebeen different?

3. No point in educating the kids if you haven't educated and got the support of the parents. It's these that are buying the kids the high end business phones in the first place on £35 a month contracts.