1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Unseen written task

Discussion in 'Senior Leadership Team' started by MartinJay201, Sep 8, 2017.

1. MartinJay201

MartinJay201 New commenter

I have a 45 min unseen written task,I was asked to bring a memory stick so I presume I will get some data and think about trends, workload allocation, funding, student enrollment, hitting targets etc. Any suggestions are highly appreciated. Thank you.

2. billyhoyle

billyhoyle New commenter

What is the role you have applied for?

A written task could be on any topic related to the role. When I applied for Curriculum role there were 2 tasks such as this. One was on timetabling - blank sheet, restrictions given, build a curriculum allocation for KS3. The other was a workload task - I was presented with a collection of emails/tasks and a context, e.g. Friday 9am, teaching 2, meeting at 12, lunch with governor, mother in hospital. Detail how you would deal with each task. Some were delegated, some were deferred, I changed the nature of the day by postponing the lunch appointment.

I don't think you can prepare for these tasks, they test your current skills and experience in these roles. Equally, there isn't really a "correct" answer. Detail your thought process in your written task, even if you don't come to a fantastic conclusion, it is obvious that you can deal with these problems/scenarios.

Good luck!

3. MartinJay201

Thank you, Billy. Programme Area Leader.

4. MartinJay201

I had 4 tasks: data analysis, design a presentation(delivered at the interview), in tray exercise and short lesson observation.

5. Stiltskin

Stiltskin Occasional commenter

Agreed it could be anything. One thing, if you take a USB take a clean/empty one. You don't want to take over any virus/malware that may be hidden on there, and similarly someone at the school may look on it and you don't want them to see any files that they shouldn't (e.g. current school data).