1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Unsatisfactory lesson grading - what happens?

Discussion in 'Trainee and student teachers' started by barneystinson, Nov 29, 2011.

1. barneystinson

barneystinson New commenter

The University should be able to advise on what the next step is.
    Essentially, there are provisions so you can work up from an unsatisfactory grade. As long as your fiance takes on board the advice given he should improve and do much better on the next observation. As long as he shows progress then there won't be a problem.
    If your fiance is struggling at the school then I would question the school mentor and see if they are giving him the required advice. After all, they are the ones who know the school and they should be able to give him advice on how to control these difficult classes.
    I was at an inner-city school on my second placement (which was horrendus) but after each lesson my mentor was excellent and basically told me how to improve and control the class. After a few weeks his advice paid off and some of the really difficult classes were easy!

2. Thanks Iloveteaching and barneystinson

3. I had two unsatisfactory grades while training in my early months for lessons that were truly shocking! There was no comeback from it. My mentor told me where I went wrong, I agreed (I cried both times, lol, but only when I was alone). After that I really improved. After getting my second unsatsifactory (two different times, different classes, different reasons) I worked hard all night and begged my mentor to do a formal observation for the following day. Got a good! It's all about determination.