1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Unremarkable Lives

Discussion in 'English' started by shortlister, Jul 26, 2011.

1. We have all had unbelievably bad, good, or otherwise life-changing experiences throughout our lives - I certainly have. I want to chronicle some of these with a view to writng/editing a book with the above title; whilst contributions from this forum might be by definition education-based, I am looking for any recollections of strange, amusing, sad or shocking happenings in life.
    Complete anonymity is guaranteed - I will use pseudonyms for all contributors, though certain of those aleady interested wish that their real names could be credited through vanity. I would simply love to collect some stories but they MUST ALL BE TRUE. Not into 'I heard it from him and he heard it from his sister' - I want authenticity. Some of the people I have met so far and whose stories have moved me are
    Vance - a convicted armed robber and addict who stole from an inmate in prison only to realise that the owner of the property was none other than Reggie Kray.
    Christian and Taiwan - two jewellers whose joking and friendly practcal joke vendetta against each other eventually spiralled out of control.
    Baldy - the lad whose tattoo led to a major misunderstanding with hilarious results with the Welsh Police.
    Adrian, a man who was decorated for his service to his country in the Falklands War but who is homeless.
    Case - a simple story of what it's like to be on the front line in Afghanistan
    Vicki - a three-year crack habit and what that means to her on the streets.

We've all got a story to tell. Let me tell it for you. See your experience in writing. Nobody will know it's you. Unless you want to tell them....

2. We have all had unbelievably bad, good, or otherwise life-changing experiences throughout our lives - I certainly have. I want to chronicle some of these with a view to writng/editing a book with the above title; whilst contributions from this forum might be by definition education-based, I am looking for any recollections of strange, amusing, sad or shocking happenings in life.
    Complete anonymity is guaranteed - I will use pseudonyms for all contributors, though certain of those aleady interested wish that their real names could be credited through vanity. I would simply love to collect some stories but they MUST ALL BE TRUE. Not into 'I heard it from him and he heard it from his sister' - I want authenticity. Some of the people I have met so far and whose stories have moved me are
    Vance - a convicted armed robber and addict who stole from an inmate in prison only to realise that the owner of the property was none other than Reggie Kray.
    Christian and Taiwan - two jewellers whose joking and friendly practcal joke vendetta against each other eventually spiralled out of control.
    Baldy - the lad whose tattoo led to a major misunderstanding with hilarious results with the Welsh Police.
    Adrian, a man who was decorated for his service to his country in the Falklands War but who is homeless.
    Case - a simple story of what it's like to be on the front line in Afghanistan
    Vicki - a three-year crack habit and what that means to her on the streets.

We've all got a story to tell. Let me tell it for you. See your experience in writing. Nobody will know it's you. Unless you want to tell them....