1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Unqualified to MPS - Question

Discussion in 'Pay and conditions' started by alzonts3, Aug 27, 2012.

1. I am an OTTP who has been teaching in the UK for two years with the same school, where I was on Unqualified 4. I just gained my QTS (exempt from induction) and was wondering where I should ask to be on the MPS? Thank you!

2. I am an OTTP who has been teaching in the UK for two years with the same school, where I was on Unqualified 4. I just gained my QTS (exempt from induction) and was wondering where I should ask to be on the MPS? Thank you!

3. tafkam

tafkam Occasional commenter

You are entitled to move onto the point on the main scale that would pay you more than you were earning before. No more.
    Anything above that will depend on your subject, experience and the need your school has of those things.

4. jubilee

jubilee Star commenter

On the basis that without QTS you would be moving to Unqualified point 5 this September, you should expect, as a minimum, the M point that will pay you more than that.

5. Hi

Hope you are doing well.

Congratulation for achieving QTS.

I am also working in School as a unqualified Teacher and wanted to gather all the evidence before applying for OTTP in future.

Hence, your help will save my career. Can you please share what kind of evidence is required?

My email id is priyanka_bhatia2@yahoo.com

Portfolio example for each Q or Core will help.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Thanks
    Priyanka