1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Unpopular, moi?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Lilyofthefield, Sep 6, 2010.

1. Ahh..the Big Write. Yes, it's still going strong. However, after seeing the amount of marking it generates, my O/H (cynical secondary maths teacher) coined the phrase Big Wrong.

2. The next Great Idea our CEO had today was to send us all an email requesting that "those with short cars park at the back of the building, so that there is room for those with long cars to park in the booths at the front".
    Now
    a) there are a total of 7 parking spaces at the rear of the building
    b) there are 20 at the front (there is an overfill car park about a ten minute walk away).
    c) most employees do not drive big cars, but little cars and little cars tend to be short, rather than long
    d) there have been arguments all day as to how short short is and how long long is
    e) CEO still just parks in the visitor car bay. Naughty ***.

3. I'd have to haul a trailer round with me just to annoy him.

4. Considering we are a logistics company, you don't know how much that made me laugh.

5. rosievoice

rosievoice Star commenter

I found this thread by accident. God, I miss Lily.

6. Me too. [​IMG]

7. rosievoice

rosievoice Star commenter

Someone who posted such quality offerings, (see the original post on this thread) deserves to be missed. That's not fawning.

8. blazer

blazer Star commenter

Isn't 'Lounge' the collective noun for SMT?

9. fantastischfish

fantastischfish Established commenter

I don't mean this rudely, but I hadn't realise Lily had gone....I really don't take much notice. How come she left?
    For what it's worth, I do think it's a bit sad for people to come on a thread just to say negative things about someone who has now left the forum. Whatever the disagreements were, just let it drop.

10. possibly the amount of time spent on here and the minute details were not always healthy.

11. I miss her as well.
    If reading Lil, hope you are able to use the time to write that book!
    There is certainly loads of material, in here, for characters.