1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the new look TES Community!

Don't forget to look at the how to guide in the welcome lounge and help forum.

UNNAMED_THREAD

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by cinderella1, Sep 12, 2012.

1. cinderella1

cinderella1 New commenter

No its the statements that have all changed and wow there is a load more in the 30-50, they have been giving me a headache all day, they are so wide and just not really suitable for assessing against.. Ive been assessing my chldren against them and transferring last terms 30-50 to the new..all day. All I can say really is what a waste of my valuable time... I really cant see why they changed it except for the sake of it.

2. the statemnets have moved up a band so now the expection on entry is lot higher.
    this means that some thing makes nick gove think our children are geniuses

3. I agree! It seems they have changed for the sake of it....
    There are some that just so totally pointless to me aswell
    "can catch a large ball" "can catch a small ball"
    I could tell you if my chn could do this last year from general PE/outdoor games - I dont feel it needs a DM point!
    There are many others like this that have 'appeared' that I feel are irrelevant!
    Hey ho! Who are we to complain?!

4. and theres no mention of pedalling a bike in PD???[​IMG]

5. How can they change developmental bandings? Surely they are based on long established understandings of child development? If we mess with these it is surely going to to backfire!