1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

University ?

Discussion in 'Drama and performing arts' started by MrJackHeuze, May 6, 2012.

1. I am set on
    becoming a drama teacher, but there is just one thing that keeps making me
    think "No I should think of something else"

University, I don’t know will I enjoy it if I do what if I don’t enjoy
    teaching and I have all this debt for no reason. So what I am asking for is
    some opinions or experiences and information of university. Please help I can’t
    decide.

2. I am set on
    becoming a drama teacher, but there is just one thing that keeps making me
    think "No I should think of something else"

University, I don’t know will I enjoy it if I do what if I don’t enjoy
    teaching and I have all this debt for no reason. So what I am asking for is
    some opinions or experiences and information of university. Please help I can’t
    decide.

3. I think you've said in a previous post that you're 14? You've got a few years before you need to make this decision, and what you want may become clearer in that time. My advice is to wait until you've done your GCSEs and are doing your 'A' levels or BTec or whatever you want to study in further education. Keep your options open for the moment and try not to worry too much about your career yet.

4. Thanks alot, I suppose your right. Im young I should enjoy life as a young person and worry later .
    Thank You
    <u>Jack</u>

5. It's not too early for you to be thinking about what degree you might like to do. Drama has so many options - from the very academic to the practical to the actor-training at drama schools.

Have a look around at what's in your area, and talk to your careers adviser and drama teacher at school. If they don't know what's available, ask them to check with colleagues at another school.

The UCAS website could also help. But don't start setting your heart on anything yet: courses can change, as well as teenagers' dreams!

6. Thanks a lot, I just can&rsquo;t decide. Everything
    I have been thinking about becoming career wise teaching just sounds so much
    better and I would be able to teach the best subject. Drama!