1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

University of Third Age

Discussion in 'Retirement' started by roseangel, Nov 1, 2011.

1. I haven't but a couple of my friends have and they think it's wonderful. There is a huge range of different activities on offer and you can go to as many or as few as you wish. Gardening, history, archaeology, crime novels, all sorts of everything.

2. Thank you..think I am going to give it a try. After two months I have got to the stage where I don't want to clean any more!

3. I understand what you mean about getting life in order..we have both cleared so much **** and old clothes and books and teaching materials. The list is endless. What's worrying me is that I am starting to care too much about keeping the house in order. It's time to branch out now. I also heard of a charity called Reach which joins up retired professionals with volunteer work. They have some really interesting "jobs" for as much or as little time you have to spare. There are more opportunities close to cities .. it may be worth a look. Thanks for the reply.

4. I have joined a "natural voice" choir. Wonderful stuff. No sheet music and lots of songs from around the globe. It is very therapeutic and I thoroughly recommend it.