1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

University of Hertfordshire PGCE primary interview 2011!!

Discussion in 'Thinking of teaching' started by EmmaNallen, Feb 28, 2011.

1. Hey all,
    Am pretty new to this! So I've got my interview for my PGCE coming up! Wondering if anyone has had on for herts this or previous years? And any tips/pointers! Anything would be great! :)
    Thanks in advanced,
    Emma

2. How was it? I have one tomorrow!

3. It was fine! Don't worry too much - everyone was lovely. Good luck for tomorrow.
    Xine
    PS have been offered a place on the upper primary course - hope to see you there in September!

4. Yes thanks-just worried about the interview questions

5. Ah well done, sorry have changed my display name! I had it on the 28th march!! Am yet to hear, so nervous! But the lady on the day said that no news may be good news so I am hoping! What day was yours on? And how long did it take to hear? Keep your fingers crossed for me! :)
    Emma

6. I had mine on march 14th. I heard really quick, so quick that when track emailed me saying my status had changed I was convinced it was a no. She said to us too that no news was good news so maybe they are just waiting to get a few more interviews done. I'll keep my fingers crossed!

Xine

7. Well, its done! Now what? It will take atleast two weeks to find out-What a day! They were very nice ( the tutors)-AllI can do is wait......No bursary by the way and the places are less; only 38 (Flexi) route....

8. Hi Guys,
    Iv just been reading your notes from your interview you had last year, and i have mine for upper primary at herts next month. What can i expect? What sort of questions should i prepare for, as i work full time iv only for 3 weeks exp in classroom, i'm very nervous that they may think this is too less. Any advise would be very much appreciated.

Thanks
    E

9. bex900

bex900 New commenter

Hi Everyone,

I started on the Herts PGCE this (2011) year.
    I can't totally remember the questions I had but they were exactly the same as the ones they had had the year before (they're on an old forum on here somewhere).
    My advice would be to make sure you're enthusiastic, have a really good think about why you want to teach and express it in the interview.

Good luck

[​IMG]