1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

University of Bedfordshire PGCE 2012-2013

Discussion in 'Trainee and student teachers' started by kim88, Feb 9, 2012.

1. Hi everyone!

Not sure if there is already a
    forum on this but I couldn't find one.

I got an unconditional offer from
    Bedfordshire Uni today, for General Primary yayay!

Who else has been
    accepted?! xxx

2. Hey,

I am doing the General Primary starting in September as well. There are a couple of other posts from other people that got on. I can't wait to get going, although pretty nervous too. How did you find the interview day?

3. Hi everyone,
    Congratulations to both of you!
    I've got a place too on the Primary Pgce; mine is with community languages strand.
    Zsuzsa

4. Hi everyone

ive just heard ive got an interview in April, can u give me any info on what the interview day is like? ive had one at another university but want to know if this is going to be much different

congratulations on all of you getting places

x

5. Hi Laura,

I can tell you what mine was like :)
    It started with an introductory talk which was given by the the course leader. Then straight after came the maths and English tests, which were much easier than I feared.
    We were divided into groups at the very beginning when they gave us our timetables for the day, so some people had to go for their group interview after the tests while others went for their individual, one to one interview.
    The day finished with a guided tour.

I was mostly worried about the group interview but at the end it wasn't that bad.

Hope you'll get a place too!
    Zsuzsa

6. A Facebook page would be a great idea! I'd really love that :) Once it's done, we could post the link here. I'm happy to help with it.

7. Great! Thanks for creating it :). Be good to get to know some ppl before the course starts! x

8. Hi Kim,

Thanks for doing a page! However, no matter what I do, I cannot find it on facebook :-(
    I clicked on the link but it only takes me to my page on Facebook. I searched for it on Facebook, but couldn't't find it.
    Could you help me, please to find it?
    Thank you
    Zsuzsa

9. It's me again... It turned out that the link didn't work only from my phone; I did find the group on my computer. It might be just me again but I can't see the other members, only that 3 people liked the page.

10. Hi! I had my interview for Early Years pgce yesterday and was offered a place today! :) look forward to meeting you all in Sept! :)

11. rlamb89

rlamb89 New commenter

Hey there to all, just to say that I am coming to the end of my PGCE in Bedford Uni at the min - the final countdown is on and everyone on the course is looking forward to finishing!

Just to wish you all good luck with the year ahead, and hope you have as much fun completing it as I have! Overall I found the university staff all very helpful and supportive, and the friends I have made on the course have all been amazing! I'm not going to say it was an easy year, but it was definitetly rewarding, fun and well worth it in my opinion!

Advice going into it would be - don't panic! Stay on top of the work and enjoy what you can :eek:) Only criticism is that the university isn't as organised as it could be with dates, tasks, and feedback but again - don't stress, all will be fine :eek:)

Again, enjoy yourselves ... and don't forget to REFLECT hehe! That'll make sense in a month or two!!

All the best,
    An almost teacher x

12. I start my PGCE in Early Years at the Bedford Campus in September too! There should be a facebook page or something! Add me to twitter! @MissPressie91

13. Hi all
    I am starting my PGCE in September too, I am doing Secondary Physical Education. Have had loads of pre-course tasks to do so feels like I have already started.