1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

University Interviews, please help!

Discussion in 'Trainee and student teachers' started by CFC_4Eva, Mar 19, 2012.

1. Hi, I'm Terry.
    On Wednesday i will be attending my first university interview, at Newmen. for an undergraduate ITE in primary with PE. I'm not worried about the English and maths tests. I'm not worried about the interview itself. I'm worried about the short presentation. it's not speaking to a group of people that has me worried but the content of the presentation.
    I'm stressing myself out of what to talk about. I have a few ideas such as: a mock cookery lesson (I was a chef for 9 years.) a talk about cleft lip and palate. (my daughter was born with a clift lip.) or should I think about talking about a currant issue within education?
    I would be grateful for any suggestions that you have,
    Thanks in advance,
    Terry. [​IMG]

2. Hi, I'm Terry.
    On Wednesday i will be attending my first university interview, at Newmen. for an undergraduate ITE in primary with PE. I'm not worried about the English and maths tests. I'm not worried about the interview itself. I'm worried about the short presentation. it's not speaking to a group of people that has me worried but the content of the presentation.
    I'm stressing myself out of what to talk about. I have a few ideas such as: a mock cookery lesson (I was a chef for 9 years.) a talk about cleft lip and palate. (my daughter was born with a clift lip.) or should I think about talking about a currant issue within education?
    I would be grateful for any suggestions that you have,
    Thanks in advance,
    Terry. [​IMG]

3. What's the brief they've given you?
    More often than not, they are actually looking at your presentation/talking/teaching style more than the content. You could talk about something really mundane, but if you make it interesting, engaging, imfortative and accessible then you've done what they are (probably) looking for.