1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

UNITED ... loathe them or ...

Discussion in 'Personal' started by ResourceFinder, Apr 24, 2011.

1. Don't know

I though there was a distinct lack of blame in the film ... not even against the FA ... they avoided the pilot/airfield issues and in no way suggested that the club or Sir Matt were to blame

The very toughing moment when the young widow said she was angry that her husband had not got off was the closest that anyone came to blame

2. touching, of course

3. anon468

anon468 New commenter

I could be wrong, but I suspect Sandy Busby is peed off that the drama focused on Jimmy Murphy and not his dad...?

4. Possibly ... as I say I thought that was a different angle

Looking at the aftermath and start of the recovery

It separated the Event from the longer Busby Babes story and gave it more focus as a consequence, I thought

5. anon468

anon468 New commenter

Well, it gave me a lump in my throat, I don't mind admitting.

6. Mine too, and the teens ... a story well told

7. We went out tonight so I was sure MrL would have taped it. However he has "Seen it all before" so taped Lewis instead!
    I would just like to take this opportunity to let you know that we won the pop quiz and are now the proud owners of a bottle of inferior red wine.
    Its inferiority will not in any way deter me from drinking it.

8. lindenlea

lindenlea Star commenter

I'm afraid I can't agree with anyone over this. I'm not a red but no one can fail to be moved by the club's history however I thought this film was rather dull apart from David Tennant. Dougray Scott way overdid the voice,which he had said he had used as his main way of creating the character. Yes, using Bobby Charlton as a main character was OK but he was a shy, tongue tied young man - his charisma was only ever shown when he played. I did like the final moments as David Tennant looked down the tunnel at Wembley and looked at the scratch squad and thought about the boys who had died, it was a cliche really but it worked for me. The two moments when Charlton first went back into the changing room and then the same situation for Matt Busby were potentially moving but failed to touch me - and I can cry at the adverts.