1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

UNITED ... loathe them or ...

Discussion in 'Personal' started by ResourceFinder, Apr 24, 2011.

1. Just me then

It looks good so far

2. I'm not really interested in football, though I was planning on watching this as I thought it would be a good piece of drama.
    But, in spite of your reminder, I missed the beginning so will have to catch it on iplayer later.

3. Is that the film on BBC 2? Thats called United..it is a good film, I have seen it before and am watching it again now..

4. It is the film on BBC2 ... yes, are you sure you have seen this before ... I thought it was brand new

5. I think you maybe right, the film I was thinking of is about a plane crash of footballers where they had to eat the flesh of their dead colleauges to survive, I believe it was a true film too, and the survivers where put on trial for it.

6. Ahhhh ... the rugby team I think?

7. Yep, thats the one, footballers, Rugby players, they're all the same to me.lol

8. I am thinking this film show good BBC drama skills once more

9. Is it a vote? In which case .......LOATHE!!!!

10. No, it is a review of a film about the Munich Air Disaster

11. Oops!
    *note to self - must read threads properly before posting*
    Sorry if any offence caused.

12. No worries ... I am not a fa myself [​IMG]

But the film is good and the tragedy was a big one

13. anon468

anon468 New commenter

That was terrific!
    Memo to the Beeb - more stuff like this please.

14. It was good wasn't it

I understand that Matt Busby's son did not like the portrayal of his Dad but I thought the focus on Jimmy Murphy and Bobby Charlton was an interesting one

15. anon468

anon468 New commenter

Really? I thought Dougray Scott did a great job. It took me ages to figure out it was him!
    If you liked this, you might also like The Damned United. Great portrayal of Brian Clough by Michael Sheen.

16. Seen, Read, Loved .... Of course ... that is about my United [​IMG]

It was not Dougray himself that was the issue bit the general presentation of Sir Matt

17. anon468

anon468 New commenter

LOL! Mine's a different United again.
    I thought Sir Matt came across as a decent, noble man. A bit dour, but I understand that's pretty much how he was. Going to have to Google this now. It's bugging me!

18. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-13181651

19. anon468

anon468 New commenter

Thanks for that, RF.
    Wonder what the 'stupid accusations' were??