1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Unite the Right II

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Vince_Ulam, Aug 12, 2018.

1. sabrinakat

sabrinakat Star commenter

I'm sure that the KKK thought they were 'hip, cool, sexy, fun'...but doubt their victims felt the same....

Nanook_rubs_it likes this.
  2. Vince_Ulam

Vince_Ulam Star commenter

Those horrid racists.

The Young Turks Sued for Racial Discrimination by Ex-Employee

'The Young Turks, the progressive news and media company, has been sued by a former employee who alleged he was subjected to discriminatory treatment — and ultimately fired — because he is black.

Andrew Jones, a black journalist who worked for TYT Network for six months in 2017, alleged that he was held to a different standard than white colleagues. Jones claimed he was fired after he refused to sign a severance agreement under which he would agree to not sue TYT Network for racial discrimination.
    '
    Variety.com, 18th July 2018.

3. Nanook_rubs_it

Nanook_rubs_it Star commenter

And..? Are you suggesting that they have misquoted Andrew Anglin? Are you offended on his behalf?

4. Vince_Ulam

No, I doubt any of us had heard of the man before today. I am pointing out the hypocrisy: TYT's brand is virtue but they fall short of the ideals they push.

5. Nanook_rubs_it

And the relevant point you are failing to make is...?

6. Vince_Ulam

I see you are in a combative mood. I have no time for this.

7. Nanook_rubs_it

I just fail to see what point you are making; similar to me replying to your posting of a Jordan Peterson video that he's a climate change denier...the response has no connection to the subject.

8. englishtt06

englishtt06 Occasional commenter

So, what percentage is twenty people of the entire population of the USA? Vince, does this mean that 'people like you' (as you say) are in the tiniest, miniscule minority? That's great news for social change.

Scintillant likes this.
  9. Vince_Ulam

I will let you calculate this but by definition the 'far-right supporters' referred to in the Florian's link are not ordinary people who are disconcerted by the increasingly forced pace of social change. Unfortunately, lots of far-left supporters turned up to fight with the police and journalists.

Social change should not be forced by the Left or by the Right.

10. Scintillant

Scintillant Star commenter

There's lots of them out there, we all know that, but like most of their sort they're losers and cowards.

Probably all venting on the internet today, or kicking their dogs and cats. And partners probably.