1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Unit 3a - CA - multi modal response

Discussion in 'English' started by gruoch, Mar 14, 2011.

1. gruoch

gruoch Occasional commenter

I was considering this, but have heard that it may have gone as an option. Has anyone else heard this?

2. gruoch

gruoch Occasional commenter

Anyone?

3. Curiosity has got the better of me. Can you post a link for those of us who WJEC and don't AQA. I fancy knowing a bit more about multi-modal responses.

4. Thank you for the directions to the newsletter. However......
    I'd have searching fruitlessly on me own as a half-wit at AQA thinks that the Resource Zone would be the appropriate place to put news - assuming that by 'newsletter' you mean a document that contains news? Newsletters could go in the English area - as it's English - or under 'News' but not in a 'Resource Zone' which implies resources. Hence the directions are useful. Thanks again.

5. i-mod

i-mod New commenter

OK. AQA Newsletters always contain Teaching and Learning resources, and articles by teachers on what works well with their students. Worth looking at even if you're teaching WJEC or Edexcel or OCR. (I've used some Spoken Language Study from the WJEC site.)

I don't know what scope there is for Multi-modal responses in WJEC but there is plenty of scope for it in AQA Literature. AQA is interested in ways this may work for teachers and would be glad of examples to use in the next round of training and guidance. The same would go for WJEC if it's allowed as an approach. Contact one of the subject officers for more info.