1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Unit 3 Media Studies Case Study

Discussion in 'Media studies' started by Rach567, Aug 25, 2011.

1. Hi all,
    I'm looking for some help. I am new to teaching media studies and am struggling with how to support students when putting together their own case studies. I was wondering if there was anything out there would act as a template/guide for case studies so that I can model to begin with and then ask the students to independently complete their own?
    Would really appeciate any help,
    Thanks in advance,
    Rach :)

2. CarolineEm

CarolineEm New commenter

I'm assuming you are doing A2 Media with AQA, and are looking for ideas regarding Representation and New Media Technology? If so, then have you had a look at mediaedu.co.uk? They have a number of resources on both topic areas specifically designed for MEST 3, (as well as a range of other resources for the AQA A level course, among others).
    I hope this helps.

3. Thank-you. You are right...it's AQA MEST 3 and 4. Completely new to me. Have just subscribed to the site. Really helpful.

4. Is it best to start with MEST4 or 3 first?

5. CarolineEm

CarolineEm New commenter

Glad you've found mediaedu helpful. An article on achieving good grades at A/S went up a couple of weeks ago, and the A2 one went up today.
    We run MEST 3 and 4 side-by-side. It's difficult for them to get going on their coursework without some teaching on some of the A2 theories. We do the coursework written element first, with a deadline of end of the Christmas term, and then a deadline for the practical of February half term (which leaves the equipment free for our A/S students' deadline of Easter). If you pop an email address I'll send a breakdown of our route through if you want.
    Hope this helps.

6. Thank you so so much. I really appreciate your help. My email is rachaelward310@hotmail.com

7. backtoback

backtoback New commenter

Hi,

Sorry to be cheeky, but could I please have an outline of your MEST 4 aswell? I am teaching A2 for the first time and unsure of how to start them off.
    Backtoback @ gmail.com

Many thanks!