1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Unit 2 SOW

Discussion in 'Media studies' started by greeneyes, Sep 15, 2011.

1. greeneyes

greeneyes New commenter

I've just started teaching Media Studies after a few years away. I'm obviously starting with unit 2, and I've chosen to do Magazines as the first unit.
    Am I correct that I need them to annotate two magazines, explaining how they appeal to the target audience and so on? After that, they must then produce their own front cover. Now, I know that they can hand draw this or they can take a picture of their own. Are they, like I used to do with my old classes, allowed to find a picture of a famous celebrity, paste it into adobe etc and then add the mast head and so on? I saw that it says they can "find" an image.
    For my next unit, I was thinking I'd do Cross media – film promotion. Does anyone have anything for this? Resources and so on? I know what the ultimate outcome is - a DVD cover & an interview for radio/tv. But anything would be helpful!
    I see the students five times a week (lucky me!) and so I'm taking them through stuff slowly.

2. greeneyes

greeneyes New commenter

I've just started teaching Media Studies after a few years away. I'm obviously starting with unit 2, and I've chosen to do Magazines as the first unit.
    Am I correct that I need them to annotate two magazines, explaining how they appeal to the target audience and so on? After that, they must then produce their own front cover. Now, I know that they can hand draw this or they can take a picture of their own. Are they, like I used to do with my old classes, allowed to find a picture of a famous celebrity, paste it into adobe etc and then add the mast head and so on? I saw that it says they can "find" an image.
    For my next unit, I was thinking I'd do Cross media – film promotion. Does anyone have anything for this? Resources and so on? I know what the ultimate outcome is - a DVD cover & an interview for radio/tv. But anything would be helpful!
    I see the students five times a week (lucky me!) and so I'm taking them through stuff slowly.