1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Unit 2 OCR Nationals in ICT

Discussion in 'Computing and ICT' started by msa969, Nov 24, 2011.

1. msa969

msa969 New commenter

Question for Unit 2: Webpage creation (2010)
    Strand AO4 Include Interactive Elements
    For a distinction grade it says that candidates have to create three different interactive element types. One of these will be a roll over button. The other two has to be created by themselves.
    I am thinking of creating Interactive flash elements. First Interactive element if you click on the Flash object an animation starts.
    Interactive element 2: Click on Flash object and it takes you to an external website.
    Will this be ok?
    What suggestions do you have?

2. Look at Unit 21 of and the three web elements it asks you to create for that would be good to use.

3. msa969

msa969 New commenter

Sorry I have never taught unit 21 so do not have the OCR Specifications at hand.
    I will download the specifications and read this to get an idea
    In the meantime what the three elements?

4. it1

it1 New commenter

3 buttons
    Navigation bar
    Advertising banner

5. msa969

msa969 New commenter

OH I recall this unit, I think unit 21 is called Graphic Components for the World Wide Web. I taught this about 3 years ago. However if I recall you cannot include the navigation bar as a component because it is part of strand AO3 in unit 2 and you cannot include buttons in the navigation system as again it is part of AO3 in unit 2. Surely the advertising banner will only count if we had interaction?
    Thank you for your suggestions

6. Captain Obvious

Captain Obvious New commenter

I made my students (under the old spec) create a flash "picture viewer" - with a little simple actionscript it's done in a short space of time.
    A dreamweaver rollover they have made from two pictures would count, and I don't see why that couldn't be different to dreamweaver's own flash buttons.