1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Unit 11 OCR Nationals AO5 (how variation and selection lead to evolutionary change)

Discussion in 'Science' started by rforsyth1984, Feb 18, 2009.

1. Can anyone help with AO5 of unit 11? Im getting all confused on exactly what the kids have to do for it?!
    I'm running very short on time and need to do the rest of this unit as quickly as possible. This task is about environmental and genetic factors lead to evolution. So obviously need to cover natural selection (environmental) and inheritance (genetic), but how far does it need to go? Do I need to cover mitosis/meosis, DNA, genes etc?
    Feedback from the moderator suggested we should focus on human evolution - so environmental factors causing change would be mostly climate and abundance of resources?
    Ultimately, I need to know what the kids need to have included in their AO task... for some reason I am struggling to interpret the OCR documents and I dont have an example to look at (first time Ive taught this, as I'm an NQT)
    My head is really mushed and Im worried about getting the unit done on time :(
    Thanks for any help/advice!

2. Thats really helpful, thank you!
    Yes, they had the training thing at school, but it was before I started so I missed out
    rforsyth1984@aol.co.uk
    Thank you again!

3. sci84

sci84 New commenter

Apologies for my delay in replying - you have mail!!

4. do you have any Unit 11 samples that I can use for my year 10 class please?