1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

UNION FEES

Discussion in 'Retirement' started by sophiegee, Jul 15, 2012.

1. Can someone please tell me once you've retired - do you stil pay union fees?

2. Can someone please tell me once you've retired - do you stil pay union fees?

3. only if you wish to- some people carry on as they may do some PT in the future but many (like me) can't see the point.

4. If you've retired entirely, you can choose to pay associate membership, at a low annual fee. If you pay monthly now, don't be surprised that they expect you to pay through to the end of the calendar year (this was ATL). Not quite sure how this was justified.

5. I did a life membership (one off) - don't know why - and they send me a magazine which I look at and throw in the bin. I've done some part time teaching and now tutoring so I got a part-time rate with the union that was offering the lowest rate.

6. alfredrussell

alfredrussell New commenter

Which union was that?