1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Union diaries - yae or nae?

Discussion in 'Scotland - education news' started by Dominie, May 28, 2011.

1. Dominie

Dominie New commenter

The GTCS mag CAN be specified as online ONLY. Go to the GTCS website and follow the links. I simply received an email which linked to the online version.

Re the diary, you're clearly not an SSTA member. SSTA rep's are asked to distribute them according to a school membership list. If a member doesn't want theirs, a good home can always be found with a potential member , a student or a probationer.

2. kibosh

kibosh Star commenter

Didn't know that. Will do as you have suggested. Thanks.
    I am and it came through the post from the head office in Edinburgh. Should i return it do you think?

3. kibosh

kibosh Star commenter

Just to be clear here, it's not a Teacher Planner I am talking about, but a wee, teal coloured diary.

4. Si N. Tiffick

Si N. Tiffick Occasional commenter

I use mine as it fits neatly in my handbag and is just the right size to keep track of my supply hours.

5. never use mine either - surely if they stop producing - likewise the GTC magazine - our subs will be reduced...nah, didnt think so

6. Dominie

Dominie New commenter

My apologies. Mine has always come to school in a big pack to be distributed by the rep. Perhaps there's been a change. I'll check!

7. kibosh

kibosh Star commenter

I use a diary for this too; one that i am given every xmas, therefore I fill it out at xmas every year and it runs from January.
    Dom, I'm thinking the diary was maybe sent to me because I pay subs but am not 'registered' to any particular school anymore. The GTCS was easy, took me about 30seconds to change from paper copy to electronic [​IMG]

8. kibosh

kibosh Star commenter

It's the SSTA I'm with.
    I think unions need to ask their members what they want their subs spent on.

9. Dominie

Dominie New commenter

I contacted SSTA HQ via info@ssta.org.uk and suggested that members be asked when they sign up if they would like a diary or not. I'm sure they would welcome any other suggestions which allow members' subs to be spent as effectively as possible.