1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Union advice and suggestions for action if school wants to leave TPS

Discussion in 'Independent' started by TheoGriff, Jan 28, 2020.

1. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

The NEU has some useful documents to advise members (you ARE in a union, aren´t you, even if not this one?) if their Indy School is proposing leaving the Teachers´ Pension Scheme.

http://bit.do/IndyTPS

This is clearly a major concern for teachers who are in smaller schools, or where the parents cannot take the increase in fees necessary to cover the increased load of the new TPS charges.

Best wishes

2. MrsBridgewater

MrsBridgewater New commenter

Thank you! I am in a union and have read the information (and printed out copies of their worked examples to leave in the staff room). My union (NASUWT) seem rushed off their feet over this one.

TheoGriff likes this.
  3. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Not good news, is it, for anyone.

Best wishes

4. MrsBridgewater

MrsBridgewater New commenter

Thank you. I feel like I am eating, sleeping and dreaming pensions at the moment. So tired I could cry! I suspect that it is inevitable we will leave the scheme and that the next battle will be getting the least worst deal for the staff.

5. shevington

shevington Occasional commenter

You may wish to consider your pension options by speaking to WESLEYAN who are connected with NASUWT;
    Wesleyan.co.uk/appointment

Might wish to move to the State Sector to protect your pension.

6. Rott Weiler

Rott Weiler Star commenter Forum guide

Just in the interests of accuracy, Wesleyan are not "connected" with NASUWT. "Connected" has specific meaning in financial regulation usually implying an ownership or financial relationship. AFAIK Wesleyan is a regulated independent investment and advisory company that has no financial connection with NASUWT.

The union just recommends them as a source of independent advice I think (but do your own research to confirm that if it matters to you!)