1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Unintended giggles

Discussion in 'Personal' started by giraffe, Dec 24, 2011.

1. giraffe

giraffe New commenter

P'raps it's just me this morning, but a number of things have set me off giggling.
    Today programme on Radio 4 had interview with a football manager reviewing some difficult times with his team this year. He complained that the owners of the team hadn't been sure of finances and 'sometimes they said we were going to get paid, and sometimes they said we weren't going to get paid; they kept moving the goalposts' That had me laughing out loud as I was making breakfast.[​IMG]
    Then an interview with Bernard Hogan-Howe the new Met police commissioner - the interviewer said that nowadays people don't tackle antisocial behaviour like a man urinating in the street. B H-H replied that in that situation it was important to 'get stuck in' and tackle the little things before they become big things. [​IMG]
    Finally, I put computer on and went to BBC home page which i read as:

Prince Phillip has heart

procedure

2. kibosh

kibosh Star commenter

I've read your orange juice story, so I've got a good idea about why you are in a giggly mood [​IMG]

3. giraffe

giraffe New commenter