1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Uninstalling Microsoft Starter 2010

Discussion in 'Computing and ICT' started by margie2, Dec 16, 2011.

1. margie2

margie2 New commenter

I should receive my Microsoft Office 2010 CD any day now. I will therefore need to uninstall the Office Starter that I currently use before installing the full package. Just to check with you, to uninstall my current Microsoft Office Starter 2010, it?s:

Control panel > Programs and Features > and then uninstall the three Microsoft progs installed: Office 2010 + Office Click-to-Run 2010 + Office Starter 2010.

It?s just those three Microsoft Office things to uninstall, is that right?

There are lots more Microsoft programmes that appear under Programs and Features (mainly Microsoft Visuals C ++), I shouldn?t uninstall them, should I?

2. becktonboy

becktonboy New commenter

Get rid of anything with Office Suite in the name, also the activation assistant if you have it.. Leave the .NET framework and Visual C installations in place. Anything you are unsure of, use google to find out what it does.

3. margie2

margie2 New commenter

all right, thanks a lot.

I've just clicked on the ? (Help, presumably, I didn't know what it was for) and it gave me a list of "30 best updates", I then clicked on # 21 - Office - and it reads:

"Windows Update is included in Control Panel. In the future, to check for updates (or if this webpage doesn?t open Windows Update automatically): Click the Start button, click All Programs, and then click Windows Update."

So I take it that I have to update manually, right? (unless it does update office automatically, not sure).