1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

uninspired class assembly

Discussion in 'Primary' started by helpsie, Jun 6, 2011.

1. Hello,
    My Summer term frazzled brain won't work. I have the joys of a class assembly (year 1) to prepare for parents in the next 4 weeks and have very little inspiration. We have had many fantastic topics this year and I can think of relevant assemblies for most of them. However, our topic this half term is 'Famous Artists' and although lots of fun it has left me clueless regarding a class assembly based on it. Any help or ideas would be much appreciated.
    Thanks guys x

2. Hello,
    My Summer term frazzled brain won't work. I have the joys of a class assembly (year 1) to prepare for parents in the next 4 weeks and have very little inspiration. We have had many fantastic topics this year and I can think of relevant assemblies for most of them. However, our topic this half term is 'Famous Artists' and although lots of fun it has left me clueless regarding a class assembly based on it. Any help or ideas would be much appreciated.
    Thanks guys x

3. A few ideas spring to mind - hope something helps! You could use a picture to stimulate the children's creative writing - a simple poem or writing the story they think could be behind the painting and what is happening in it, or the words that come to mind (or feelings) when they look at the picture. This could then be used for part of the assembly.
    Or, you could learn a song linked to a painting maybe?
    For one of the artists you learn about perhaps there could be a short drama about part of his/her life.
    To finish you could have paintings that the children have done in response to some work in little frames that they could give to their parents or hold up and talk briefly about.
    Good luck!

4. Starry starry night - I'm sure its a song aswell as a painting x