1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Unifying application forms - opinion please.

Discussion in 'Headteachers' started by goodform, Jun 15, 2011.

1. Through filling out applications in order to secure a move I found a lot of time was taken filling in the essentials (as many application forms are wildly different) so I was wondering what you thought of this?
    Using all the elements required in application forms and putting them in one clear application form. It's only in its infancy so far but the 'concept' version is here for feedback (which would be very much appreciated).
    As mentioned in the recourses overview this is currently in word so far (for generic feedback on layout/fields etc) but will be later created as a pdf which will make it easier to fill in whilst keeping the formatting etc.
    Please take the time to have a look and comment, many jobseekers have expressed an interest but I'd love to hear views from the other side of the fence.
    Thank you!

2. Thanks for the input Science Guy. What where you thinking about in terms of this?
    If it got taken up by schools I'd be looking at then creating generic versions for other roles such as support staff etc... is this what you meant or have I totally missed what you were trying to say? [​IMG]

3. This is in fact exactly how myjobscotland.co.uk works - sign up and try applying for a job to get a feel for it (you can always stop short of submitting). There are certain "standard" elements (work history, qualifications, courses, personal info etc) which are copied from one application to another (although you always have the opportunity to read through and check/amend as necessary) and then each position has a seperate "application questions" section with specific questions appropriate to the role being applied for - usually with a very tight limit of 4000/5000 characters per answer. Applying for positions using this website generally means that all you need to do is prepare your answers to the specific questions rather than having to input all your details again which is great.

I'd have a read through some of the Scoland fora though - the website itself is truly dreadful to try and use!

4. ScienceGuy

ScienceGuy Occasional commenter

An example would be church schools wanting an idea about candidates attendance at church themselves much like for pupil applications where there is a supplementary form.

5. Great. Thank you [​IMG]

6. And thanks for your input too nordanses once I get this interview over with tomorrow I'll take a look [​IMG]