1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Uni of Birmingham Primary PGCE interview

Discussion in 'Thinking of teaching' started by Rosemarie6, Dec 9, 2011.

1. I had an interview for the General Primary PGCE at Birmingham on the 29th of Nov. Sadly I found out today that I have been unsuccessful. There were 29 people for general primary and 6 for early years on that day.
    The maths test is basic maths, but it is a little tricky as you are not aloud to work out answers by writing things down for part of the paper. For the english test you just have to write about a topic about teaching given.
    For the interview you are just interviewed by one person being one of the tutors. I didn't find the questions too tough, but it felt like my interviewer hadn't even read my personal statement. I was asked questions like why I want to be a teacher, why my skills/ my degree would make me a good teacher, if I was prepared to teach in inner city schools and what the issues these types fo schools would face, asked to talk about a current issue etc.
    Hope that is of some help and good luck.