1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Uni Observation but im not teaching

Discussion in 'Trainee and student teachers' started by NewStrings, Nov 24, 2011.

1. Is there absolutely no way you can have any input? For example..

Start by grouping students and asking them to relate the findings of their investigation. Are there differences between what the students achieved? can they compare and discuss the differences in their investigation and make notes on these in case they want to consider them in the report? Could you stop the students a few times and show off examples of excellent work, either on screen or by holding up the book/page/whatever?

Or is it literally an assessment in the sense that it's a work-in-silence-test? Can you postpone the assessment one lesson? Or does it HAVE to be there? If that's the case I would definitely call them and ask if they can change the date.

2. Cosmic_Rainbow

Cosmic_Rainbow New commenter

he was still happy to observe this lesson and so i did a starter with them just recapping the key things they needed to include and then walked around the room while they worked and gave each student feedback on their progress and then the class peer assessed a childs work as the plenary. he seemed very happy with this. Also as this was the first lesson of the day he arrived early and was with me in the staff room and my form class which also helped me meet a few standards [​IMG]
    guess i was just worried as it was the first one