1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Unfortunate things children write...!

Discussion in 'Primary' started by Andrew Jeffrey, Apr 25, 2008.

1. At a talk by Gervase Phinn he showed us a DT worksheet. The child explained how the car moved all the way through by writing 'you poo sh*t' (push it) :)

2. I got a card today from a year 2 child which read Dear miss, good look in with your new god love mia, I'm only starting a new job, not a new religion!!
    Bless x

3. she was describing the wages of some poorly-paid workers as "poulty" - I couldn't resist writing in the margin "chicken-feed?"

4. i had scaly triangles this week but thats nowhere near as hilarious as the others on here!

5. Child in Year 3 when assessing progressive targets:

"You must have loads of targets - cause you're so old!!"

6. Poppy1978

Poppy1978 New commenter

haha this is making me cry with laughter!!!

I have one that a child said... (not to me, but it was so funny it stuck in my head!)

Class were doing the "ure" sound and listing words with that sound - one child came up with "manure". Teacher asks if anyone knows what the word "manure" means....

...cue clever child...

"Isn't it French for Manchester?"

LOL!!!!!

7. my sister, who teaches primary, sent me a fab literacy worksheet one of her kids had filled in (year 1 I think). It was words ending in -it and after a sheet of pictures and scrawled phrases came that of a man on a stool. The handwritten caption read 'sod -it'

I empathised.

8. Ha, I haven't laughed so much for ages!!!
    I have a couple to add; these are from when Yr 2 were describing characters from Jack and the Beanstalk: one girl put hard w@nking, I presume this is hard working! Then a lad was writing lots of different words around his picture of the ogre, two of these words were close together, and should have been funny and scary, instead it read f@nny scorer!!

9. A visitor came to class to talk about life as an evacuee. He talked about his life on a farm ,feeding the animals every morning etc etc and he asked if any of the children knew what a gander was...

Yr3 child replied - I'm not sure, but I think it's something you smoke.

10. delma

delma New commenter

I don't think I have laughed so much in ages! Crocodile clip(t)s and 'sorry you are living' made me spit tea all over my keyboard. Absolutely hilarious!

11. What a great thread! Am chuckling away-this has to be one of the best aspects of our job!!!

12. My son used to call the microwave a Michaelwave - guess what his name is!

And when I was at secondary school (probably about Y9) I wrote a story but stated that someone was illegitimate when I meant illiterate

13. Had to resurface this one, a child writing about who would enjoy playing football;
    'and arsw people who lick scoring'
    Love it! ;)

14. Best one was something said, not written. We were writing letters for a real audience - to different towns to ask them about their facilities. One of the boys asked my colleague (year 5) if he could ask if they had burlesque dancers, or whether this would be inappropriate!! Through questionning, he did understand exactly what they were, just wasn't sure if this should be in his letter!!

15. My favourite? Bear in mind this is in the South East, where children replace "th" with "f" with alarming regularity! -
    A Year 2 child, writing a message in the leaving card of a fellow classmate:
    "**** yoo for being my frend"
    :)

16. I was quite impressed he spelt "being" correctly!

17. i oncde had a year one child who wrote:
    My dad likes to ride diks (bikes)
    same child also wrote:
    I wor my big green t-shirt over my red **** (tights!)
    made me chuckle lots!!!!!!!!!!!!

18. Fuzzybrainjo

Fuzzybrainjo New commenter

Yr 5 Children were naming their superheros in an ICT lesson, one decided hers was called Connie Lingus!! Needless to say a discussion took place with Mum about this one!

19. tiffster

tiffster New commenter

I've written this on another thread recently - but I had a kid in my class who couldn't spell the plural of "penny" and wrote at length (sorry) about the prince who kept his golden penis in his pocket. When he got his penis out for the poor people in the town it made them all shout "hooray." I bet it did. [​IMG]

20. tiffster

tiffster New commenter

And on a similar theme, I have in front of me an email from one of my Year 6 boys. "sorry i forgot are spelling homwork last night but i did my reading and had a good look at my testes instead hope thats ok." Bravo.